E-News > CGSA Announces New Board of Directors
posted on Mar 10, 2021
The Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Golf Superintendents Association took place on Wednesday, March 10. There were several elections and CGSA is pleased to announce it's new board for the 2021 - 2022 year;
- President, John Scott, AGS, Superintendent, Summerlea Golf & Country Club, Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
- Vice-President, Pierre Vezeau, AGS, Superintendent, Cooke Municipal Golf Course
- British Columbia Director Ken Bruneski, AGS, Superintendent, Nk'Mip Canyon Desert Golf Course
- Alberta Director Dustin Zdan, AGS, Superintendent, Connaught Golf Club
- Saskatchewan Director, Tyler McComas, Superintendent, Dakota Dunes Golf Links
Returning Directors are:
- Past President, Darren Kalyniuk, Superintendent, St. Boniface Golf Club, Winnipeg, MB
- Ontario Director, John McLinden, Superintendent, Ladies' Golf Club
- Quebec Director, Luc Ladouceur, Superintendent, Le Club Laval-Sur-Le-Lac
- Atlantic Director, Bradley Allen, AGS, Superintendent, Cabot Cliffs
- Manitoba Director, Braydon Gilbert, AGS, St. Charles Country Club
The Secretary Treasurer will be appointed at the first Board of Directors meeting.
Several reports were presented during the AGM, including the President's Report, Executive Director Report and Secretary Treasurers Report.
"Despite the challenges presented to CGSA during 2020, we are very pleased to announce a year end audited surplus of $56,724, marking the fourth year of positive year end results," said John Scott, AGS, CGSA President.
During the AGM, CGSA was pleased to announce the 2020 scholarship winners and acknowledged the 25 and 30 year members. For recipients click here.
Last week, CGSA held it's first ever virtual conference. It was a success by all accounts with more delegates than the previous two years. Initial feedback was that it exceeded attendee expectations. The top notch speakers and excellent supplier sponsorship and support contributed to make The Canadian a success in 2021.
About John Scott, AGS
John is the Superintendent at Summerlea Golf and Country Club in Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec. He has been a member of the CGSA since 1984, and has been on the Board of Directors since 2013. John lives in Ile Bizard, Quebec with his wife Renee and his two children Christopher and Nicholas.
For additional information contact:
Kathryn Wood, CMP
1-800-387-1056, ext 23