The AGM of the Canadian Golf Superintendents Association took place on Tuesday, March 22. There were several elections and CGSA is pleased to announce it's new board for the 2022 - 2023 year;
- President, Pierre Vezeau, AGS, Superintendent, Cooke Municipal Golf Course
- Vice President, Dustin Zdan, AGS, Superintendent, Blackhawk Golf Club
- Atlantic Director, Matthew Blackburn, The Lakes Golf Club and Resort
- Quebec Director, Luc Ladouceur, Superintendent, Le Club Laval-Sur-Le-Lac
- Ontario Director, John McLinden, Superintendent, Ladies' Golf Club
- Manitoba Director, Braydon Gilbert, AGS, St. Charles Country Club
Returning Directors are:
- Past President, John Scott, AGS, Superintendent, Summerlea Golf & Country Club
- British Columbia Director Ken Bruneski, AGS, Superintendent, Nk'Mip Canyon Desert Golf Course
- Saskatchewan Director, Tyler McComas, Superintendent, Dakota Dunes Golf Links
Appointed as Alberta Director, to complete the second year of Zdan's term is Cameron Kusiek, Superintendent, Carnmoney Golf & Country Club,.
The Secretary Treasurer will be appointed at the next Board of Directors meeting.
Several reports were presented during the AGM, including the President's Report, Executive Director Report and Secretary Treasurers Report.
"Even through the challenges the pandemic has presented, CGSA has remained strong. We are very pleased to announce a year end audited surplus of $85,100, marking the fifth year of positive year end results," said Pierre Vezeau, AGS, CGSA President.
During the AGM, CGSA was pleased to announce the 2021 scholarship winners and acknowledged the 25 and 30 year members. For recipients click here.
Earlier this month, CGSA held it's second virtual conference in partnership with the OGSA. It was a success by all accounts with more delegates than the previous three years. Initial feedback was that it exceeded attendee expectations. The top notch speakers and excellent supplier sponsorship and support contributed to make The Canadian a success in 2022.
About Pierre Vezeau, AGS -
Pierre is the Superintendent at Cooke Municipal Golf Course in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. He has been a member of the CGSA since 1998, and has been on the Board of Directors since 2014. Pierre lives in Prince Albert with his wife Kerry and his two daughters Raelyn and Ashley and golden retriever Copper.
For additional information contact:
Kathryn Wood, CMP
CGSA 1-800-387-1056, ext 23 email@example.com
About CGSA -
The CGSA represents golf course superintendents from across Canada. Its mission is to promote and support superintendents and their profession. The association is also committed to environmentally sustainable practices with respect to the management of golf course properties.